Friday, November 23, 2012

A Writer’s List of Thankfuls

This year, I’m thankful for many things, but I’ll stick to those things related to writing here.
I’m thankful
  • That I can devote all of my work time to writing. Praise God!
  • That I have begun Book One. Is publishing in the near future? Es posible.
  • That I now live close to one of my writer-friends.
  • That I have the time to get involved in a critique group. Praise God!
  • For the instructors under whom I have been blessed to study
  • For a husband who lets me tell him all about my writing woes at the supper table at night
  • For a dad who shares my love of writing and who faithfully made me a cup of coffee and spent his Saturdays writers-workshopping with me for at least a good year
  • For a brother who grew up with my characters
  • For a sister who reads rough drafts in one sitting
  • For a mom who always encourages me
  • For a best friend who knows my characters (and me) sometimes better than I do
  • For a friend who read the first eight chapters in one night and was so excited she had to call me about it the next morning
  • And for all the friends who have been patiently waiting for a draft. It’s coming!

Wow, I could go on and on. God is so gracious to me. But one of things for which I am most thankful is the fact that God created me to be a writer. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment